Bigger Bags are Back

Girls, I’m not gonna lie, I'm so happy that bigger handbags have made a comeback. The crossbody bags were starting to hurt my shoulders and I never got round to purchasing the perfect moon bag (fanny pack). The smaller handbags are also quite limited for space even for the mere essentials – lip-products, cellphone, wallet and keys.

Like with everything, there are pro’s and con’s…a bigger handbag means a whole lot more room to carry stuff but when you’re a mom and a wife, your bag becomes the family bag – the good old “I don’t have space in my bag” excuse no longer works!  It is convenient not having to lug around more than one bag which was the case when mini-bags were on trend, I remember taking a mini-bag to the office but keeping my wallet and keys in my laptop bag because the mini was not practical but rather cute and fashionable. Keeping a bigger bag neat can also be challenging and many smaller essentials, like lipsticks or keys ending up at the bottom of it, making them difficult to find. Bigger bags often end up being  full of “stuff”.

My current go-to is a black leather bucket bag, gifted to me by dad many years ago. When  I realized bigger bags were back, I dug it out from my cupboard at his house. I kid you not when I say I’ve found slips in that bag that date back to  2020 as well as the notebook (yes, a whole note book, that’s how roomy the bag is!) in which I jotted down how many minutes apart my contractions were when I went into labour 2019! It took me a while to understand why my dad always insisted on purchasing leather handbags for my late mom and I but I get it now – leather is timeless! It ages but is still good! Had it been a pleather handbag left in that cupboard for years it would have been peeling already. I’m now consciously trying to only purchase leather (handbags and shoes) because it’s actually an investment.

I don’t think I’d grab an oversized handbag for a soiree – a clutch or pouch, depending on venue and occasion will do. Having said this, clutches, this season are also bigger and can be seen styled effortlessly for daytime wear, no longer preserved for evening affairs. For everyday practicality, bigger is better and according to Harper’s Bazaar, practicality is exactly the trend running across this season’s best handbags.

Bright colour’s, specifically blue hues are huge this season, if you don’t own or want to have a plethora of handbags I would suggest sticking to neutrals, which can easily match with any outfit. Among this season’s trends are woven bags as well as embellished bags (think sequins and beads).

Here are some of my faves, including my current go-to:

My current go-to from Woolworths:


#CamRecs: 

The Journey Leather Hold All Tote Click here (Love this proudly South African brand- have previously gifted it! )

#CamFinds:

The Louis Vuitton Neverfull Click here

The Fendi Way Medium Aquamarine Blue Suede Bag Click here

Handbag Organiser Click here


Be Kind, always.

Cammy Girl💖

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FASHION – What to Wear to a Bachelorette Party as a Guest

BEAUTY: Bowing to the new brow?

DEVOTIONAL: Philippians 1:6