DEVOTIONAL: Jeremiah 33:6

 "Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth."

 We have so much to be thankful for and yet we take so much for granted. How many times do we go for routine check-up's at the doctor and leave with the good news that we are fine? As a woman I go for two routine check-up's a year and there is anxiety that comes with it but I kind of assume everything is fine and when I get the results it always has been and that is all thanks to God. The fact that I do not fret about the results is thanks to God too and the faith I have that all will be fine. Sometimes, I do not thank Him immediately and then later it will dawn on me that I'm fine and then the thank-you's go up. God really shouldn't be an after thought. 

I always stand in awe of how babies are formed in their mothers womb - ten fingers and toes, eyes, nose, working organs. That alone is a miracle - the fact that in 9 months a woman can grow an entire human being. I often wonder, if we paused and treated each other like the walking miracles that we are, if the world would be a better place. 

In this Bible verse we are promised health and a cure. A cure or healing doesn't necessarily mean a clean bill of health although this is often what we read it to mean. Healing or a cure can also be in death. Eternal peace. God does not want His children to suffer. Sometimes, God heals the sick through medicine and doctors but other times He calls His children home to rest with Him in eternity. 

The word of God encourages us to go to God in prayer in times of weakness. Sometimes when we are in the thick of things, it's difficult to pause and speak to Him, I for one, struggle with that but even a quick "help me Lord" is sufficient for Him. 

Sometimes the healing we need is not from illness but from the stresses of life. Life can be tough and so it is important that we pray for our loved ones. That we pray for their healing, for improvement of circumstances, for a break through. 

Let us today remember who our God is and that He is still working miracles. 

In Jesus name, Amen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FASHION – What to Wear to a Bachelorette Party as a Guest

DEVOTIONAL: Philippians 1:6

BEAUTY: Bowing to the new brow?